• Provides OCCH with a monthly status report of mobilized ARNG UMTs
• Serves as ARNG Chaplain liaison with OCCH, USAR, and DARNG
• Keeps OCCH informed of ARNG force structure and manning levels
• Supports the Army Chaplaincy Strategic Plan.
• Serves as the Official Person Responsible (OPR) for all ARNG chaplains and chaplain assistants assigned to the National Guard Bureau.
• Ensures the religious needs of ARNG personnel and their families are provided. Functions as the principal advisor to the ARNG Director on all ARNG-CSO CH chaplaincy matters, including issues affecting the spiritual, religious, moral, and ethical well-being of Soldiers and their families.
• Coordinates with the USA-CH to ensure religious support for federal missions and operations.
• Supports non-federalized missions and operations.
• Interprets, coordinates, and communicates guidance for organizing, recruiting, accessing, training and equipping ARNG chaplains, chaplain assistants, and DOD civilian employees.
• Formulates and/or coordinates ARNG strategic policies, guidance, planning, and programs in support of Army National Guard chaplains and chaplain assistants.
• Represents ARNG-CSO-CH to the Director of ARNG; the Director, NGB-OC; the Deputy Director, NGB-OC; ARNG commanders; ecclesiastical representatives, and executive level officials.
• Serves as an advisor to the USA Chief of Chaplains and the Director, NGB-OC.
• Coordinates with the NGB-OC Deputy Director on ARNG-CSO-CH and joint chaplaincy matters.
• Develops and oversees ARNG chaplain programs.
• Ensures ARNG chaplain programs are adequately resourced.
• Performs additional duties determined by the ARNG Director